Over the past 15 years, I've served as a United Methodist Pastor, which has developed me as a leader, communicator and mentor. Due to the nature of small non-profit organizations, I increasingly used my technology hobby at work, implementing technology to solve problems and create new avenues for ministry. I took initiative to learn skills in hardware, networking and web design. I also became versed in software for churches across Windows and Mac OS platforms. Five years ago, I started a side business doing web design and tech support for local non-profits, churches and small businesses. My interest in technology continues to grow, and I decided to attend Centriq to elevate my skills to the next level. It’s been great pushing myself to learn and do new things. I’m excited to launch a career in technology, doing something I’m good at and that I enjoy.
Summary of Qualifications
- Solid foundational knowledge of designing and developing full-stack web applications using .NET framework.
- Excellent public speaking skills by giving an informational, inspirational, and motivational 20-30 minute presentation each week.
- Developed Leadership skills that helped lead non-profit groups to accomplish their goals.
- Enhanced Interpersonal skills by helping people navigate conflict and sensitive situations.
- Applied Critical Thinking skills to solve technological needs of non-profit organizations.
Middle Tier: Visual Studio, C#.NET, ASP.NET, LINQ, MVC, EF80% Complete
Back End: ADO.NET, SQL, SQL Server, SSMSE40% Complete
Education and Training
CENTRIQ TRAINING - Leawood, KS | February 2018 - Present
Full-Stack Web Developer ProgramCore Competencies:
- MVC Framework
- Trouble Shooting & Debugging
- Source Control
- Agile/Scrum (Created Team Project)
- Website Deployment
- Pair Programming
- Code Review
- Professionalism, Teamwork, Problem Solving & Effective Communication
Saint Paul School of Theology - Leawood, KS | August 2002 – December 2005
Master of Divinity
Truman State University – Kirksville, MO | August 1998 – May 2002
Bachelor of Arts – Communication Science
United Methodist Church - Missouri | 2002 - present
- Coached and mentored people in their spiritual development.
- Displayed Problem Solving with Audio/Visual Equipment, the required computer systems and their respective softwares.
- Wrote clear and succinct content for websites, group email, social media, and print media (newsletters, fundraising letters) on a weekly basis.
- Developed excellent public speaking skills teaching large and small groups on a weekly basis, and always looking for ways to improve.
- Demonstrated Leadership when guiding a board of directors through a strategic visioning process that established our Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Able to connect with people interpersonally and help them navigate conflict and difficult situations .
Designs by Ben Mulford - St. Joseph, MO | 2013 - present
- Designed and deployed websites for small organizations and non-profits.
- Equipped those organizations to update their websites.
- Supported those organizations as needed for their website needs.
- Designed and deployed computer and network systems for small offices to meet their technology needs.
- Provided support, troubleshooting and training for deployed technology in small offices.
Awards, Interests, & Hobbies
- Eagle Scout
- Amateur Radio – currently licensed at the highest class available, Amateur Extra; callsign: WB0C
- Outdoors – camping, backpacking, running, fishing
- Volunteering – coaching youth sports, refereeing, serving at local Food Kitchen and other charities
- Technology – built and maintained my own Hackintosh; rooted and installed ROMS on numerous Android phones; installed and used various Linux distributions; installed and managed servers and small networks.